Founded in 1839, Lancashire Constabulary covers an area of 1,189 square miles. The county has a population of nearly 1.5 million with a rich diversity of communities, all with specific policing needs.
The Constabulary is split into three divisions, West, South and East and our Headquarters is based in Hutton, Preston with our Dogs and Mounted section nearby. You can find out more about our divisions in the ‘Your Area’ section.
We have 3,055 Police Officers and 2,558 Police Staff – of which 278 are PCSOs and over 350 Special Constabulary Officers, Police Cadets and Community Volunteers.
Take a look at the pages below to find out more about who we are, what we do and why we do it.
- Code of Ethics
- Community Resolution
- Compliments / Complaints
- Diversity / Equality
- Our approach to Crime Prevention
- Our Purpose, Objective and Values
- Professional Standards
- Quality of Service Commitment
- Restorative Justice
- Valuing Difference & Inclusion
- Gender Pay Gap
- Charter for Families Bereaved through public Tragedy
- Freedom of Information
- Publication Scheme
- Data Protection and Subject Access
- Solicitors / Insurance Companies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Child Sex Offenders Disclosure Scheme
- Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (Clare's Law)
- How we use ANPR
- IOPC Recommendations
- North West Regional Police Pension Board