New Application Forms
New forms to replace the current Shotgun and Firearms and Referee Forms commenced on 12 January 2018.
The form 201 encompasses the Shotgun, Firearm and Referee form on a single application and 201a provides guidance. New forms to replace the current Shotgun and Firearms and Referee Forms will commence on 12 January 2018.
- Application for Firearms and Shotgun Certificate
- Occupants List
- Variation Form
- Application Form Notes
- Visitors Firearm Application Form
- Shotgun and Firearms grant GP letter
- Application for an Explosives Certificate ER4
- Application for a Storage Licence under the Explosives Regulations ER2
- Application for an Explosives Certificate ER 4a
- Application for Renewal of an Explosive Certificate for Blackpowder to be used in Firearms ER 4b
Firearms Licence - Good Reason
An applicant for a firearm certificate needs to demonstrate "good reason" for the weapons requested. In the case of target shooting, "good reason" can only be satisfied by the applicant being a full and active member of a Home Office approved club (probationary membership is not acceptable), and the club must be approved for the use of the firearms requested in the application.
Please complete the Form for Good Reason if you are applying for a Firearms Certificate.
Once completed, please forward your application direct to the following address:
Firearms & Explosives Licensing Unit
P.O. Box 77
or if completed electronically you can return to