Lancashire Constabulary Logo

How can I get a "Police clearance certificate" / "Certificate of good conduct" for visa or emigration?

The UK police do not issue "certificates of good conduct" or "police clearance certificates", however in our experience foreign embassies will generally accept a police reply under the Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as a suitable equivalent.

However, individuals requiring Police Certificates for the purposes of applications for emigration, visas or residency in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Bahamas, Belgium, Chile and the United States of America should download the application form for an Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) Police Certificate from the NPCC website.

Please note that this Certificate is processed entirely by the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO). All submissions and enquiries relating to this process should be directed to ACRO, who can be contacted through the following routes:

Please do not return this application form to Lancashire Constabulary.