The Press Office is based within the Media and Engagement Department at Headquarters and is available to assist journalists with media enquiries between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Please note the Press Office only handle calls from journalists and NOT members of the public.
The purpose of the Press Office is to support operational policing activity by:
- promoting initiatives to reduce crime and disorder with the public
- highlighting incidents that might be of interest or concern to the public so they can better protect themselves
- asking the public for information that can solve or reduce crime or disorder
- reducing the burden on front line staff in dealing with media enquiries around current policing activity
- promoting the good work of officers and staff with the public.
The press office will only deal with enquiries about current policing activity and initiatives. Journalists or researchers looking for statistics about crime or other non-policing activity such as finance or personnel matters should submit a Freedom Of Information request to the Constabulary.
Outside office hours URGENT media enquiries should be emailed to the press office mailbox. The on-call Press Officer will then be contacted as appropriate.
If you wish to contact us for non-press enquiries you see the different ways that you can contact us on our Contact Us page.