How do I report a crime?

There are a number of ways that you can report a crime to Lancashire Constabulary;

If the matter requires an immediate police response where someone's life is in danger or someone is at immediate risk of violence, property is about to be damaged or serious disruption to the public is likely, then please contact us using the 999 telephone service.

In other circumstances please consider which is the correct organisation to contact:
  • If the crime happened in another police force area you can contact them directly online or by telephone by referring to Police UK website
  • If you wish to report a Fraud that involves a cheque, debit or credit card or over the internet, please report Action Fraud, you can also contact them by telephone on 0300 123 2040.
  • If you have seen web contact that you think is inappropriate you can report this to the Internet Watch Foundation directly, however if you have been asked to share photos or videos of yourself online please contact your local police.
  • If your complaint relates to the general conduct of licensed premises, parking or use of blue disabled badges, litter, dog fouling or general noise nusiance you should report this directly to your local district or unitary council.
  • If you wish to report faulty street lighting, traffic lights, damage to road signs or potholes you can report these online directly to Lancashire County Council.
  • If you are wishing to report a HATE Crime you can contact your local police by telephone or online but if would prefer to do this anonymously you can also report via the True Vision website
If you need to contact Lancashire Police please use our Online Reporting site where you can also contact your local officer or a member of staff who may already be dealing with your case.

report crime logo

Alternatively you can use the 101 telephone service to speak to one of our customer contact advisors, or visit your local police station, details of opening times can be found here.



Rate this page