Yesterday (26th April 2023), Preston Police were cracking down on crime and taking the fight to criminals as part of the latest Operation Vanquish surge activity.
This time, we’ve been focusing on those wanted for acquisitive crime, such as burglary and theft; it is our mission to disrupt unlawful behaviour.
As part of the activity:
- A weapons warrant was conducted where a meat cleaver style knife was seized.
- Two people were arrested for failing to appear in court.
- Three people were arrested on suspicion of the theft of a motor vehicle.
- PCSO’s provided reassurance visits to businesses and hotspot ASB areas in Plungington.
- Burglary victims were revisited and provided with additional crime prevention advice.
Lancashire Police are focusing efforts on tackling the issues of most concern to local communities and taking the fight directly to crime’s door.
We’re committed to listening to your concerns and to addressing the issues identified to us that will make a difference to your daily lives.
The public are the greatest resource in helping to fight crime and the information that communities provide is essential to take appropriate action.
You can pass information on to us through a variety of ways:
Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
Report online here ??https://doitonline.lancashire.police.uk/
You can tell us about the issues affecting you where you live by signing up to In the Know here Home Page - Stay In The Know and then completing the Lancashire Talking survey https://survey.stayintheknow.co.uk/Survey/GUID/681f67f8-8b23-43f8-883c-91b59f034275