Two women have been charged with perverting the course of justice as detectives continue to investigate a large scale disturbance on Rhyl Avenue, Blackburn.
Officers were called to the incident at around 10.35pm on November 27th.
Sajed Choudry, 43, was found at the scene with a number of serious injuries and sadly died on 13 December.
A 24-year-old man was seriously injured during the incident and is still recovering.
Saira Ali, 35, of Rhyl Avenue, Blackburn and Asma Ali, 34, of Tenby Close, Blackburn have both been charged with perverting the course of justice. They have been bailed to appear before East Lancashire Magistrates’ Court on 31 January.
A further five people have previously been charged with one count of murder and one of attempted murder. They are:
- Syed Akbar, 44, of Cedar Street, Blackburn
- Rafaqat Ali, 38 of Tenby Close, Blackburn
- Fazal Ilahi, 62, of Tenby Close, Blackburn
- Sadaqat Ali, 36, of Rhyl Avenue, Blackburn
- A 13 year old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons