There are lots of reasons to be a Detective Constable at Lancashire Constabulary:
- A starting salary of £24,177. This will rise in yearly increments to a maximum as a Detective Constable of £40,128 in seven years’ time
- Police pension
- 22 days of annual leave per annum increasing with length of service
- Flexible retirement
- Flexible working (after probationary and training period)
- Personal development reviews
Access our Wellbeing Package:
- Occupational health specialists
- Wellbeing ‘recharge’ days
- Sports and social clubs
- Maternity rooms
- Well-being ambassadors
- Inclusion leads
- Peer supporters
- Staff support networks (disability, black & Asian, LGBTQ, Women in Policing, Christian Police Association, Autism Network)
- Open Forums
- Chaplains (who reflect the diversity of beliefs and non-belief)
- Prayer and quiet rooms
Plus you’ll work in an environment where:
- You’ll have access to fair opportunities to grow and develop
- You’ll be have access to learning
- Difference is valued
- People are valued for their contribution.
We work hard to create a working environment where everyone matters.
Our vision is to have an inclusive workplace that's open to and supportive of a diverse workforce. One that encourages all employees to develop their talents, create and add value to the organisation and deliver a superior service to the communities we serve.
We ensure that we have as many support mechanisms in place for our staff, including: hearing loops, accessible buildings, religious clothing for officers, support for families and carers and a public holiday policy (whereby you can re-allocate Christian bank holidays to alternative religious dates).