We are committed to ensuring our communities have full confidence in how we use Stop and Search. If you are concerned about how stop and search has been used in your area, or have a specific complaint around a search then please contact us.
If your complaint relates to how your individual stop and search was conducted, please report via th Online Complaints form
If your concern/complaint relates to stop and search encounters in your community, please report via this link: Stop.Search@lancashire.pnn.police.uk and we will do the following:
- Firstly we are committed to taking every comment or complaint seriously and promise to look into it sensitively and thoroughly
- We will inform the local Senior Management Team and Neighbourhood Team about your dissatisfaction
- We will re-contact you promptly to discuss your concerns
- We will seek an explanation
- We will report the concerns directly to our Stop & Search Independent Scrutiny panel who will provide us with an independent view on your concern. With your consent they will also contact you to discuss the issue.
- We will report the concerns and outcomes to our Diversity and Equality Delivery Group, chaired by a Chief Superintendent.
- If misconduct or performance issues are identified we will deal appropriately through existing channels such as Professional Standards Department, Performance Improvement Unit or in serious cases Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC).
- We will publicly provide feedback and any learning to you and through forums such as Independent Advisory Groups, Neighbourhood Policing Teams and Social Media.
- We will consider inviting you or other community members out on a ‘ride-along’ with us in your community, to view police and public interactions for yourself.