Foreign Nationals





Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances all appointments have been and will be cancelled for the foreseeable future.

We will endeavour to offer further appointments as soon as we are in a position to, but we are unable at this time to confirm when this will be.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and be reassured there will be no consequence to yourself.

Please feel free to direct any queries to [email protected]. Retain any email response from us to show any police or immigration officer who may require sight your police registration certificate, particularly in such as the following circumstances;

  • You are applying for permission to stay in the UK
  • You are leaving or re-entering the UK
  • You are asked by any police officers within the UK
  • You need to transfer into another police force.

We thank you for your continued patients and ask that you do not direct any queries to another other mailbox or team other than [email protected]


If you're a foreign national, you may need to register with us shortly after you arrive. If this is the case, it should be written on you entry-visa vignette (an extra page stuck in your passport), biometric residence permit (BRP) or your Home Office letter approving your application for leave.

Below you can find out more about who needs to register with us, who is exempt and information on Police Registration Certificates (PRC).



Leyland Police Station



PR25 2EX



Monday to Wednesday: 09:30 – 15:00

Closed for lunch: 12.00 – 12.45

Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Closed

UK public holidays and bank holidays: Closed



Please do not attend Leyland Police Station without an appointment as you will not be seen. This applies to family members and friends of those with appointments

Please do not bring friends/family members with you to your appointment as they will not be allowed in the building if they do not have an appointment. If you need to bring your children or a translator, these ARE permitted

Please be punctual. If you are too early you may have to wait outside. If you are too late you may not be seen.

Unfortunately we do not have public toilet facilities (there is a Tesco very close with a café and toilet facilities).


Useful Information:

If you are already registered but have moved from another area:

If you are moving to Lancashire for the first time after having registered with another Police Force in the UK, you now need to register with Lancashire Police using our online registration system: Follow the instructions for New Registrations.

Requesting a New Certificate:

If you have lost your police registration certificate or believe it has been stolen, you will be asked about the circumstances surrounding the loss or theft.

Your police registration certificate is a legal document. Only apply for a replacement after you have tried all other methods of finding it.

You will need to pay a fee of £34 to replace a lost or stolen certificate.

If your old Police Certificate has become full, please bring this with you to your appointment and we will issue you with a new one Free of charge.

Extension of Stay:

Extensions of stay within the UK can ONLY be granted by the Home Office.

For an application form phone 0870 241 0645.

Applications MUST be made to the Home Office BEFORE your existing conditions expire.


You could be fined £5,000 and jailed for 6 months if you do not register in accordance with your visa requirements.

Registering late could affect any future visa applications.

Please refer to GOV.UK

New applicants should still Register and create an online profile if you have not done so already.

Any questions should be emailed to: [email protected]


Frequently Asked Questions:

 1. Who needs to register as a Foreign National?

 2. Do I need to register with the Police?

If you are a foreign national, you may need to register with us shortly after you arrive. If this is the case, it should be written on your entry-visa vignette (an extra page stuck in your passport), biometric residence permit (BRP) or your Home Office letter approving your application for leave to enter. You may also receive this information via email.

Find out more below about who needs to register with us, who is exempt and how to get a Police Registration Certificate (PRC).


If you do not register with the Police when you are required to do so, that is an offence under Section 26(1) (f) of the Immigration Act 1971.

Your current or any further application for stay in the UK could also be affected.

Find out more below about who needs to register with us, who is exempt and how to get a Police Registration Certificate (PRC).

If you need to register with the Police on your arrival in the UK, it should be written on your entry visa vignette, biometric residence permit or Home Office letter approving your application for leave. You may also receive an email containing this requirement.  We cannot register you if you do not have a requirement in writing on any of these documents.

You will need to register with us if you are 16 or older, and are from one of these countries:

Afghanistan Algeria Argentina Armenia
Azerbaijan Bahrain Belarus Bolivia
Brazil China Columbia Cuba
Egypt Georgia Iran Iraq
Israel Jordan Kazakhstan Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan Lebanon Libya Moldova
Morocco North Korea Oman Palestine
Peru Qatar Russia Saudi Arabia
Sudan Syria Tajikistan Tunisia
Turkey Turkmenistan UAE Ukraine
Uzbekistan Yemen    

Note: A person who holds a passport issued by the Special Administrative Region of either Hong Kong or Macao is classed as a Chinese national and needs to register.

Some 30-day visas require you to register with the Police.

If this is the case, it will be written on the visa. The following examples may be shown:

  • Pol Reg or
  • Police Registration or
  • Register with the Police in seven days of UK entry


if any one of the following conditions also apply:

  • Your visa requires you to register
  • You are in the UK and switching to a visa which requires you to register
  • On entering the UK your visa states ‘Police Registration Within 7 days of arrival’
  • The remarks section on the back of your Biometric Residence Permit states ‘Register/Report to Police’ or on the accompanying letter or by email from the Home Office
  • If you are already in the UK and applying for ‘Leave to Remain’ or ‘Extension of Leave to Remain’ and are notified in writing that you are subject to the police registration scheme

 3. Who may NOT need to register with the Police?

 4. What is a Police Registration Certificate?

If you have dual nationality with one country in the list above and one country that is not, you do not need to register with the Police.

Likewise, you may not need to register if you have permission to live permanently in the UK, are the family member of an EEA citizen, or are visiting on a temporary visa as one of the following:

  • An agricultural worker
  • A private servant in a diplomatic household
  • A minister of religion, a missionary or a member of a religious order
  • The partner of a person settled in the UK
  • A person with access rights to a child resident in the UK
  • The parent of a child at school
  • An accepted asylum seeker

If any of the above apply to you and you have been given a requirement to register with the Police, this may be a mistake. You can contact the Home Office to ask about the requirement it gave you.

A Police Registration Certificate (PRC) is a document that proves you have complied with the requirement of your visa. We will issue one to you at the end of your registration process.

You only need to keep your police registration certificate with you when you attend the police station to report a change. Otherwise keep it in a safe place with your Passport, BRP and travel documents. If a Police Officer asks you to produce your PRC, you will have 48 hours to do so at a specified Police station.

 5. Where will my appointment take place?

 6. How do I get in touch for more help or information?

All appointments take place at Leyland Police Station.

Leyland Police Station



PR25 2EX

If travelling by bus, there is a bus stop close to Leyland Police station. From Preston the bus service number is Stagecoach 111, available from Stand 64 on Preston Bus station.

If you are travelling from other areas, please refer to the Stagecoach website to obtain the correct information.

If coming on the train, there is a bus stop as you exit the station and again the 111 bus service is the one you will need if you can’t or don’t want to walk. The bus stops very close to the Police Station, outside Tesco superstore.

There is also the option of using a taxi from the railway station if you prefer.

Walking Directions from Leyland Railway station to Leyland Police Station:

Leyland Police Station Google Map Image

Please do not attend the station if you do not have an appointment, we will not be able to see you.

If you require any additional help or information, please contact the Lancashire Constabulary Foreign Nationals Registration Office: 

Email: [email protected]

The email box is monitored on a regular basis.

Rate this page