I want to report an abandoned vehicle

Any person can park their vehicle on a public road provided that the vehicle is taxed and insured and is not in contravention of any parking restriction or other laws. In circumstances where a vehicle is legally parked outside your property or is preventing you from parking where you would like to park the police cannot take any action.

Where a vehicle has been abandoned and isn't causing an obstruction to the highway, abandoned vehicles should be reported to your local council:

However, if the vehicle has been left in suspicious or dangerous circumstances please contact us online or by telephone on 101.

Rate this page