I have lost my pet, who do I contact?

Lancashire Constabulary will only accept reports of lost dogs so that if the dog is reported as found we can notify you where the dog is. We do not have facilities at police stations to take in stray or found animals.

In all other cases you should try the following simple steps, speak to your neighbours and friends to see if they have seen your pet, put up notices in prominent public places such as shops and libraries (most have notice boards for this purpose), appeal for sightings online using social media sites such as Facebook or Google+ but take care not to divulge personal information such as your exact address or times you might not be at home.

You can also contact local animal shelters and charities where your pet might be taken if found.

Your local council dog warden should also be contacted if you have lost a dog as they are responsible for found and stray animals:

Rate this page