I am a student or at school and want some information about the police for a project, who do I speak to?

If you are a student and need some information about the police for a project we would be happy to help.

If you need to speak to your local officer about what they do on a day to days basis you can contact them via the Your Area section of the website.

General information about crime and crime statistics can be found at the Office For National Statistics website.

If you are looking for more specific information on local crime statistics or information about personnel or finance matters then you need to submit a Freedom Of Information request (see below), please be aware that a request may take several weeks to complete.

Freedom Of Information

Before making a Freedom of Information request, please view the types of information available on this website under the Publication Scheme.

If the information that you are looking for is not available on this website, please make a request.

To make a valid request under the Freedom of Information Act, the following criteria must be met:

  • The request must be made in writing
  • It can be made by letter, fax or email
  • It must contain a return address (this can be an email address)
  • It must clearly identify the information being sought
  • It must be legible
  • It must contain details of the format you would like the information to be sent to you (e.g. on disc, via email, hard copy)

Requests made to Lancashire Constabulary under the Freedom of Information Act should be sent to:



Freedom of Information
Information Assurance
Lancashire Constabulary
Saunders Lane

Rate this page