I have bought goods in a shop or on the street and think they may be counterfeit

If you feel that your rights as a consumer have been violated, such as being sold counterfeit goods, faulty items or unfair terms and conditions, your local trading standards office will investigate.

These are typically sited within your local authority, however your first contact should be with the Citizens Advice Bureau. Its advisors are trained to give practical advice on all kinds of consumer issues - from problems with cars to faulty household appliances.

Contact them for any questions about your consumer rights, product or service issues.

Details of your local trading standards office can be obtained from your council website:

Rate this page