Who may NOT need to register with the Police?

If you have dual nationality with one country in the list above and one country that is not, you do not need to register with the Police.

Likewise, you may not need to register if you have permission to live permanently in the UK, are the family member of an EEA citizen, or are visiting on a temporary visa as one of the following:

  • An agricultural worker
  • A private servant in a diplomatic household
  • A minister of religion, a missionary or a member of a religious order
  • The partner of a person settled in the UK
  • A person with access rights to a child resident in the UK
  • The parent of a child at school
  • An accepted asylum seeker

If any of the above apply to you and you have been given a requirement to register with the Police, this may be a mistake. You can contact the Home Office to ask about the requirement it gave you.

Rate this page