I have found a stray dog, can I bring it into a police station?
There are no facilities at any of our police stations to take in stray, abandoned or unwanted animals, for dogs in the first instance you should contact the local council dog warden who can give you advice on what to do next.
Council Dog Wardens
- Lancaster dog warden 01524 582757
- Wyre dog warden 01253 891000
- Ribble Valley dog warden 01200 425111
- Pendle dog warden 01282 661743
- Blackpool dog warden 01253 477477
- Fylde dog warden 01253 658658
- Preston dog warden 01772 906161
- Hyndburn dog warden 01254 380643
- Burnley dog warden 01282 425011
- South Ribble dog warden 01772 625591 / 92
- West Lancashire dog warden 01695 585254
- Chorley dog warden 01257 515151
- Blackburn With Darwen dog warden 01254 585397
- Rossendale dog warden 0161 334 0042
If you find an abandoned or injured animal other than a dog, these organisations can help give the animal the appropriate care and accommodation.
There are also numerous local groups and charities that exist to help specific animals such as badgers, birds of prey and horses. Try putting the name of the animal and 'Rescue Lancashire' into a website search to find the nearest to you.