As part of managing the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, many people are currently working from home than ever before. This presents new cyber security challenges that need to be managed to protect you, your business or company you work for. You can download a general working from home cyber security factsheet on the rightside of this page.
Additionally, the National Cyber Security Centre has provided the following information about how to work from home securely and safely:
If you work for the public sector, usually your profession would fall into the following categories:
- Healthcare - as a paramedic, administrator or health service manager where you'd typically be employed by the National Health Service (NHS)
- Law enforcement and security - either in the Armed Forces, fire service or the police
- Social care - social workers, carers and probation officers
- Teacher training and education - as a primary, secondary or higher education teacher
- Working for a local council in any type of role
Small and medium sized organisations
You're likely to fall into this category if you do not have a dedicated team internally to manage your cyber security: Small and medium sized organisations working from home advice
You are likely to have a dedicated team managing your cyber security: Large organisations
Visit The National Cyber Security Centre for more information about how to stay safe online. They are a government agency dedicated to making the UK the safest place to live and work online.