Our procurement and contracts team are happy to provide information to help suppliers and contractors who wish to work with Lancashire Constabulary.
On this page you'll find:
- Contact information
- Details of the rules that the Constabulary must follow when buying goods and services
- Details of where opportunities are advertised and explains how to bid for opportunities
- Social value policy and tool kit
Lancashire Constabulary's procurement team is based at:
Lancashire Constabulary HQ
Hutton, Preston, Lancs , PR4 5SB
As a public body, Lancashire Constabulary is subject to rules and regulations imposed by EU legislation and by the Chief Constable and Police and Crime Commissioner for Lancashire. These rules aim to promote fair and open competition in the market place.
Our Contract Standing Orders set clear rules for procuring goods, works and services. They ensure a system of openness, integrity and accountability to help us to be transparent and provide equal opportunities. This helps us to gain better value for money and gives confidence to all concerned that we are fulfilling our legal responsibilities.
Opportunities and How to do Business
- Police forces in the North West use a common electronic tendering tool (branded 'Bluelight') to advertise and conduct quotation and tender exercises.
- Here is a link to the portal where you can view upcoming tender opportunities and register on our e-Tendering system: https://bluelight.eu-supply.com/
- You can view our list of contracts here: Bluelight E-Procurement Hub
Equality and Sustainability
The Police and Crime Commissioner and Chief Constable are fully committed to supporting and enhancing all aspects of diversity. This includes but isn't limited to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender, gender identity, expression or reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
We welcome and encourage interest from all sectors of the diverse business community and the voluntary sector. We expect all prospective and existing suppliers to adhere to our values and commitment to equality and diversity, and will take a zero tolerance approach to discrimination including the protected characteristics above.
Social Value Policy
The Office of The Police and Crime Commissioner for Lancashire (OPCC) and Lancashire Constabulary recognise the important role they play in enabling sustainable development for the community. Through our approach to social value, we integrate economic, environmental and social sustainability into our procurement and commissioning processes.
The policies below outlines the approach that we take to:
- Ensure all resources are used wisely
- Protect and enhance the environment
- Ensure we use resources efficiently
- Deliver of value for money.