Freedom of Information
Under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000, you can gain access to information held by Lancashire Constabulary. We must consider all requests for recorded information we receive and must:
- Inform the applicant whether the information is held; and
- Supply the requested information subject to the application of exemptions contained within the Act.
The FOIA is fully retrospective and covers all information held in a recorded format.
If you wish to apply for your personal information, please see the page regarding Subject Access. Such requests are exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 by virtue of Section 40(1).
To do this, please visit the Data Protection page.
The deadline for a public authority to respond to requests made under FOI is 20 working days, although there are some circumstances where this may be extended under the terms of the legislation. Occasionally, for example, if a request requires clarification, is particularly complicated or subject to the application of certain exemptions where there is a need to consider public interest factors, the 20 working day period may be extended.
Where clarification is required, Lancashire Constabulary will stop the 20 working day time clock until clarification has been received from the applicant and will close off the request completely if no clarification is received within 20 working days.
How to obtain information
Before making a Freedom of Information request, please view the types of information available on this website under the Publication Scheme.
General information about crime and crime statistics can also be found at the Office For National Statistics website.
If the information that you are looking for is not available on these websites, please make a request.
To make a valid request under the Freedom of Information Act, the following criteria must be met:
- The request must be made in writing
- It can be made by letter, fax or email
- It must state the name of the applicant
- It must contain a return address (this can be an email address)
- It must clearly identify the information being sought
- It must be legible
- It must contain details of the format you would like the information to be sent to you (e.g. on disc, via email, hard copy)
Requests made to Lancashire Constabulary under the Freedom of Information Act should be sent to:
Freedom of Information
- Disciplinary Outcomes - January to March 2015 (updated 1/30/2017 11:14:52 AM)
- Disciplinary Outcomes - April to June 2015 (updated 1/30/2017 11:14:52 AM)
- Disciplinary Outcomes July to September 2015 (updated 1/30/2017 11:14:52 AM)
- Disciplinary Outcomes October to December 2015 (updated 1/30/2017 11:14:52 AM)
- Disciplinary Outcomes - January to March 2016 (updated 1/30/2017 11:14:52 AM)