Two men who were arrested yesterday (Monday, January 9th) in connection to the sudden death of a girl from Oswaldtwistle have been released on bail.
15-year-old Megan Lee had eaten food from an Indian takeaway in Hyndburn on Friday 30 December before suffering an apparent allergic reaction.
She was admitted to Royal Blackburn Hospital but sadly passed away on New Year’s Day (1 January).
A post mortem examination to establish the cause of her death has taken place however the full results are still not fully known.
The men aged 37 from Rossendale and 38 from Blackburn arrested on suspicion of involuntary mansluaghter by gross negligence have been bailed pending further enquiries until Friday 7 July 2017.
We are continuing to work closely in liaison with colleagues from Trading Standards and Environmental Health as part of our inquiries into Megan’s death. Her family are being kept fully updated with the progress of the investigation.